Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Leaving behind the natural me, Marriage preparation

Who would it think that marriage will required so little and give back so much. When I say so little I refer to, we are ask by the man of our dreams (hopefully) If we will marry them and we say YES!!!. That short line with a simple 3 letter response is our life changing experience, the one that will prepare us and teach us how to become more like a child?. What ? marriage will teach me to be like a child?. I thought we were supposed to be mature people in order to succeed in such unity. Being like a child doesn't mean acting childish ( even if at times is fun and distressful method) but instead think back for those of us who have kids. We can see them playing with other kids, having interaction whether be at the park, library, preschool, you named it and all of a sudden a fight starts, it takes less than 2 minutes for that same groups of kids to be all friends again and keep moving and rolling. Oh wow, how marvelous that formula will be in marriage If we can only apply it. 

being married for almost 4 years and looking forward for a forever with my man, I have seen the need to not only be willing to love unconditional, forgive and forget, be patient, team work, charitable and many other characteristics that I’m trying to work on in a daily basis. . Dr. Jonh Gottman talks in his book, 7 principles to make marriage work about the importance of knowing our love one. Knowing the basics will strength our road, but not only that, also the fact that we will be willing to help that other one to grow will bring the admiration desired from each one involved . He talked about thing we can do to strengthen our robes for those days that our ships are going everywhere because of  the storm that might be  hitting our port. Having those love maps will help us find our way out in a successful way, helping us to fix it instead of throwing it away. Hard and stressful things will happen because life happens but we are the one that can control and manage the stress. It hasn't been told to us that will prevent it If we follow this principles Gottman talks about, but it has been proven that we will be able to manage those stormy days. After almost 4 years of living, sharing, planning and working together to make it happen with my husband I can se where do this principles meet, how they will help and how vital they are to the success of our marriage. We have to forget about what I want, how I want it and how fast I want, because  It has become we. When we focus our efforts and desires in then well-being not only of mine own desires but my loved one, then the sharing a life together becomes more pleasant and enjoyable. Selfish is not to think I want to accomplish goals and succeed in those desires. Selfish is to think I can do it alone or ignoring the other person target point also. We are required to give in not to lose battle but to conquer it. Marriage is a battle and we are the strongest soldiers defending the same army together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment