Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Parenting and my role

This week’s post I will refer it more for LDS members. It is a privilege and with great awe that I can see the equality that existed within the Church in between man and woman. Just as President Hinckley said once, man is not to be but with his woman side to side, not in the front or in the back, but as equal companions. I did phrase that line but the concept is pure. We are equals and we both share roles that when combined fulfill the purpose of the Great Plan of Salvation.
When I was a missionary on temple Square, at Salt Lake City, UT, I was asked in a daily basis by different investigators or visitor how can  I be so devoted to a faith that put woman with no authority. I particularly remember a time when I was assigned to give the first lesson while showing them around temple square to a very prominent person from Spain. Intellectually speaking he was as prepare as someone can be, he hold a very prestige position in the government and was a very well know lawyer from that area. In the other hand here was me, a very friendly, outgoing, smart and spiritual 22 year old girl, with just 3 years of college completed and blessed with a power he was clearly missing, the mantel given to me by the highest authority to serve as a representative of the Church for 18 months as a full time missionary. I recall walking by the temple, and he asked loud and cleared that question, how you Sister can be so devoted to be serving and volunteering 18 months of your life to a Church that believes that the priesthood should be given just to man?. I smiled and from the bottom of my heart bared my testimony about priesthood, motherhood and roles within the marriage in order to reach our highest potential and find joy not only in this life but in the Life to come. I bore my testimony loud and clear about the perfect plan of salvation and the role we each play in it. There were 9 other people with him and all were in silent after it and he just smiled and said to me: Wow, now I can tell that is conviction and not just doctrine. To this day I hold that experience very close to my heart. I’m more than ever convinced that we woman play and important and vital role in building up the kingdom of Heaven here in Earth and are a strategic and vital part on bringing those precious spirits to this life to help them go back to His presence, to Our Heavenly Home!.
Is important that we recognize those truths and act upon them in a daily basis. We won’t have a perfect life and a perfect day every day, but depending on the approach we give to each of our experiences in this time on earth we will be able to come to know more the Savior through the keeping of his commandments and the obedience we show to and towards Him.
Everything has a order within the Church and that is something we are to recognize, His Gospel is perfectly organize so we can know what direction to choose. Our organizations teach us the importance to work in a team and be one in purpose. We are privilege to be part of this wonderful cause and should always look for the opportunities  where we can be reminded of our great worth and the valuable and unique  role we play with in it. 
Marriage life and motherhood is not an exception but vital part of sacred role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment